Dr. Gary S. Hitzig, M.D. is a Diplomat of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery, Member of the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery and the American Hair Loss Council. Doctor Hitzig has traveled, taught and supervised treatment extensively in both the United States and Europe. He is one of fewer than 100 surgeons worldwide that are Board Certified in hair transplantation by the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery. He is also a full fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
Dr. Hitzig has performed well over 40,000 hair restoration procedures in his 35 plus years of surgical experience. He is an acknowledged expert in the use of the AcuGraft method of hair transplantation. He has also developed both new techniques and patented surgical tools to advance the art and science of hair replacement surgery.
After two years working in both the United States and Europe to further refine ACell injection therapy to encourage hair regrowth, Dr. Hitzig has developed a new formula that takes advantage of the strengths of both ACell and its close cousin Extra- Cellular Matrix (ECM). Unlike ACell alone, this new product is approved for use in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Awards, Commendations and Publications
Dr. Hitzig’s work in hair replacement surgery has been recognized worldwide. Some of the recognition he has received for his work includes:
- The Italian Tiberius Award, presented for his pioneering research paper on ACell therapy.
- Lifetime Achievement Award at the XIV Congresso Internationale of the Italian Society of Hair Restoration (ISHR)
- Guest presenter at the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery and The American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS) annual scientific meetings on the subject of Hair “Cloning.”
- Author of Help & Hope for Hair Loss, published and available on an international basis from Avon Books
- Papers on Hair “Cloning” and regrowth using ACell therapy have been published in multiple peer review journals
- Authored the two chapters on Regenerative Hair Restoration and AutoCloning in the latest Textbook just published: Hair Transplantation 360